I’m about to go to bed. I had a busy day of lunch with Vivek, listen to Patch talk at Cal J-School, talk to my advisor from Cal, another snack with Christine.
But, I was thinking about my job — since lots of people have been talking about it lately.
Things I like about reporting:
- getting to learn lots of new things instead of always doing the same thing every week
- knowing stuff first
- being able to dress “reporter nice” instead of nice-nice
- taking a break in the middle of the day
Things I don’t like:
- working until midnight instead
- having to talk to people that don’t want to talk to you
- no, really having to talk to them
- always being “on”
- the fact that no one I know from work has any idea what any of my actual opinions are about anything
- having to write stuff that’s boring or sucks
Thing I like the most: it’s probably the only job I’m qualified for and able to do at this point, having forgotten any multivariable calculus I once knew.